2017 Entries Are Open!
Entries are now open for the 2017 Hook Fun Run & Road Race, taking place on Sunday 21st May.
We made a lot of changes to the event last year and they worked, so for 2017 we have decided to keep all three courses the same as they were in 2016. The new 10K we introduced last year was an instant success and proved particularly popular. Remember that the courses for 10 Miles and 10K take in the great rural scenery of Rotherwick and Newnham.
The 2.5 Mile course is the same as last year with the addition of an extra lap around the field at the start. But to make things simpler we have decided to have a single mass start for 2.5 Miles so there is just one event to enter for the shorter distance.
The start and finish of the event will again be in Hartletts Park in the middle of Hook.
The Hook 10K team challenge returns for 2017. This year there will be separate prizes for running clubs and other groups. Why not get talking to your colleagues or friends about entering as a group and going for glory?
You can enter online for all distances via the RunBritain website. Just click on one of the links below:
- Enter the Martin & Co Hook 10 Mile here. See note 1 below.
- Enter the William Grant & Sons 10K here. See note 1 below.
- Enter the Martin & Co Hook 2.5 Mile here.
Alternatively you can enter by printing out and sending us the 2017 Hook Fun & Road Race Entry Form.
Remember that all proceeds from the day go to local charities, schools and community groups.
We will again be using electronic chip timing. If you give your mobile phone number you will get a text message with your finishing time as soon as you cross the finishing line!
We are delighted to announce that Martin & Co, Estate Agents, have taken over as the headline sponsor for the event. We are also pleased that William Grant & Sons have agreed to stay involved and will now be specifically sponsoring the 10K race.
Book your place early to avoid disappointment!
Note that running numbers and timing chips will be sent out from 8th May onwards.
The small print:
- The £2.00 discount for the 10 Mile and 10K races only applies to members of running clubs that are affiliated to UK Athletics.
- The Hook 10 Mile is open to anyone 17 years or older, The Hook 10K is open to anyone aged 15 or above and the 2 mile races are open to anyone aged 5 or over on the day of the event.
- All entries are subject to the Terms and conditions listed here on our website