Info for the Day
|9.30||Baggage Hall and Information Desk Open|
|10.45||Under 5’s Toddlers Race|
|10.50||Warm up for the Races|
|11.00||Start: The Hook 10 Mile|
|11.06||Start: The Hook 10K|
|11.15||Start: Hook 2 Mile race|
|11.18||Start: Hook 2 Mile Fun Run|
|11.17||First 2 milers home (approx)|
|11.45||First 10K runners home (approx)|
|11.55||First 10 Milers home (approx)|
|13.00||Prize awards for all distances (approx)|
|21.30||Full race results available|
Reminders for the Day
- Provided you have your number with you, there is no need to “report in” on the day. You are registered to run.
- If you lose your number or forget to bring it, then you should go to the baggage hall and request a replacement number. You will have to provide some means of identification.
- The swapping of numbers is strictly forbidden. Anyone who runs using a number supplied to another entrant will not be covered by our insurance and may be barred from entering in future. If you unable to run, please contact the committee before the day.
- Numbers should be attached to the front of your running vest using 4 safety pins (available at the baggage hall). The number must be clearly visible at all times during your run.
- No responsibility can be taken for clothing or valuables left at the site while you run.
- Remember that this event is primarily for enjoyment. For your own safety, all fun runners must keep to the footpaths. Marshals and Police have been instructed to remove runners from any race who behave dangerously or create a hazard for other road users.
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to make sure that they know the courses. Maps are available on our website and will be displayed on the day. All 2 mile entrants must keep to footpaths.
- Strictly no cars or bikes to follow runners around the course.
- Rollerblade entries will not be accepted. Wheelchair and pushchair entries will only be accepted by prior agreement with the committee.
- No dogs may accompany runners on the course. Please keep dogs on a short lead whilst they are on site.
- Trained medical staff will be on site. Ambulance cover will be provided.
- The committee will do everything possible to make your visit to Hook and the Fun Run an enjoyable occasion. If there are any questions or comments, please talk to a member of the crew or contact us afterwards via our contact form
- In all matters the committee’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
The Hook Fun Run & Road Race is entirely volunteer-run and is a non-profit making organisation. Please contact a member of the committee if you can help in the running of the event.