Terms and Conditions
- Fellow competitors and marshals are to be treated with respect at all times during the event. Any unsuitable behaviour will result in disqualification.
- Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
- In-ear or over ear headphones must not be worn whilst running and doing so may lead to disqualification. This is for your safety so that you can hear instructions on the course and is a condition of our UKA insurance (UKA Rule 240 S5). Headphones that work by conducting sound through bones and do not sit on or in the ears are acceptable.
- Wheelchair and pushchair entries will only be accepted by prior agreement. No rollerblade entries.
- No dogs may accompany runners on the course. Please keep dogs on a short lead whilst they are on site.
- The Hook 10 Mile and 10K races are organised under the rules of UK Athletics and all competitors must be amateurs as defined under those rules.
- For the 10 Mile race only, all competitors must be able to complete the course in less than 1 hour and 45 minutes (10 minute miles). We impose this for several reasons, mainly to minimise the disruption to our neighbours and in particular businesses in and around Hook. Our traffic management plans, signed off by Hart District Council, Hampshire County Council and the Emergency Services specify that we have the roads cleared and open by 1pm.
- We are not able to issue refunds. The majority of our costs are non-refundable.
- Individual fancy dress is welcome in the 2.5 Mile Fun Run but please try not to obstruct fellow runners.
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to make sure that they know the courses. Maps are available on our website and will be displayed on the day. All 2.5 mile entrants must keep to footpaths.
- Strictly no cars or bikes to follow runners around the course.
- In all matters the committee’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- The committee reserve the right to withdraw any entrant that fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
The Hook Fun Run & Road Races are entirely volunteer-run and is a non-profit making organisation. Please contact a member of the committee if you can help in the running of the event.